Thursday, August 4, 2011

Good day to you then......

As many of you know or can reason self improvement has always been a passion of mine.  Worldly knowledge, cultural awareness and  acceptance has always been of utmost importance to me as well.  Tonight's post will not feature any evidence of that.

Today I stumbled upon a new beer I haven't tried before.  I only bought it because as I walked by it I noticed the word Belgian on it.  It's called Shock Top Belgian White.  It's brewed in the US.  Strike 1.   Like Blue Moon, which I drank in Florida a few months back, it's pretty much a copy of Hoegaarden.  Maybe not an exact replica but definately trying to appeal to the same crowd with its tasty notes of coriander, and orange peel,  it's near perfect for summer patio drinking fruity aftertaste and its adequate head.  It's somewhat cloudy appearance makes me wonder if it's got something to hide.  But then I remembered that Hoegaarden is also fairly cloudy.  So, like, whatever.

Shock Top is way better than Blue moon , which is brewed or at least owned by Anheuser-Busch. Strike 2*. But it's not as good a Hoegaarden or Dominus Vobiscum+.  Or even Strawberry Fruli.  But it's still pretty tasty. Get a table with a good looking waitress and a plate of nachos and you're aces.    3 out of 5 stars.


* Blue Moon is brewed by Anheuser-Busch,  Shock Top isn't, but I needed a 'strike 2'.
+ Dominus Vobiscum is Canadian


No comments:

Post a Comment